Thursday, October 2, 2008

*painted pumpkin* - SNEAK PEEK!!!

Fall is here, and Beth couldn't have picked a better time to release her amazing new fall and winter sets! For today's sneak peek, I decided to feature this charming pumpkin image. I thought I would try something new, so I dug out my box of craft paints and painted the background. I love that it's not perfect. It's dabbed and swiped and streaked, and that just adds to it's charmingly vintage feel, as does the crocheted lace and old brown button. I discovered that markers do not work well over paint, so I stamped another stem and leaf onto cardstock, colored them in, and then pop dotted them on top. Be sure to stop back tomorrow for another vintage sneak peek!
------------------------------
A Muse notecard, paper, and sentiment. Tall pumpkin from Pumpkin Oak set by The Saltbox Studio. Paints by Making Memories. Brilliance graphite black pigment ink. Copic markers. Crocheted lace and button source unknown. Linen thread and sanding block by Stampin' Up.

4 comments:

Lori Barnett said...

BECKY!!! I love that tall pumpkin!!! Ok...your card and the paint idea is awesome...but the stamp....OH YEA...that's what I'm talkin about :)

Lyndsay Breid said...

Beautiful - I love the paint and lace!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I love this! What a great card Becky!!

jenstamps said...

Oh Becky this is such a cool idea!!! I want to get my paints out now! :)

I *love* it!!!