Monday, March 30, 2009

*a friend who is all ears*

This fun design was featured several weeks ago as the Card of the Week in the A Muse Newsletter. I tend to use very basic colors like black or brown for my sentiments, but this time I wanted the cursive words of the sentiment to stand out. I had already chosen a pink and green color scheme for the rest of the design, so I decided to incorporate both colors into the sentiment. I think it added a bit of visual interest, and it's always fun to try something different.

If you notice, two corners of the card are rounded. That's something else I don't do very often, but once again, it made a very simple design a bit more interesting. I also added a few details to Bunny Princess's dress and wand with a copic glitter pen. A few simple dots that took only seconds to create, add a lot of detail to the final design. Sometimes we think that it takes a lot of fancy and elaborate things to make a card a little extra special, but in reality, just a few easy extras can really make a big difference!
------------------------------
A Muse notecard, images, sentiment, and ribbon. Stampin' Up watercolor paper, blender pen, markers, kiwi kiss classic ink, and dimensionals. Timber brown Stazon ink. EK Success corner rounder. Copic spica glitter pens.


5 comments:

Krystie Lee said...

This is SOOO cute! There are so many great elements at work here! I like reading the thoughts behind the choices you made, too.

Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Pamela S. Wade said...

Very cute Becky! Lots of cute little details...love it! ~~Pam

Novell said...

Such sweetness! I love the images stamps in brown as opposed to black. Really softens things up!

sherry czarnecki said...

thanks for taking the time to share your thought process, I love to read how people get to the end result. Just so sweet!

Beth Thomas said...

This is truly adorable and so unique- love every detail about it! I thought I was "done" for the evening but you may have inspired me right back into my craft room! Who needs sleep anyway????