Monday, June 30, 2008

*i like you berry much*

I found a little time over the weekend to use my new Odd Bird Planet stamps. I became "acquainted" with Johanna (owner of Just Johanna's Odd Bird Planet) over at 2peas when I was very new to stamping. She would leave the sweetest comments on my cards, and being such a newbie to stamping, I was tickled pink to think that someone noticed me and actually liked my work! Recently, I visited her online store and fell in love with her unique, whimsical stamps. Before I knew it, 2 owls, a hot air balloon, a submarine, 2 little houses, an absolutely adorable strawberry hat, a moon, and a few other stamps were in my shopping cart and on their way to my mailbox! Imagine that!

I knew A Muse's "i like you berry much" would be the perfect sentiment for this card, and I love how it fit right inside the balloon. I created a strawberry using the ever-so-darling strawberry hat, and used it again to turn "Al" (the owl) into a bit more feminine version. I used a scalloped oval punch to make clouds, and then I created my own background paper using the lacy oval A Muse stamp (one of my favorites!), the strawberry hat, and a copic marker to make little rows of polka dots.

The count down to A*Muse*A*Palooza is in its final week! There are lots of games and challenges yet to come, so be sure to head on over to the A*Muse*A*Palooza blog to join in the fun! You might even win some fabulous A Muse goodies!
------------------------------
A Muse notecard, papers, "i love you berry much" sentiment, and lacy oval stamp. Odd Bird Planet owl, hot air balloon, and strawberry hat. Marvy scalloped oval punch. Silician blue Fresh Ink. Brilliance graphite black pigment ink. Memento rhubarb stalk dew drop ink. Copic markers and clear spica glitter pen. MayArts pink gingham ribbon. Pop Dots.


3 comments:

Victoria said...

Becky, I love it! I especially love how you made the background.

itsallrosi said...

this is super cute (now I need the strawberry hat!)

Sarah/WAstamper said...

Oh-so-cute! Love the background, and I just recently received my first order from Johanna...can't wait to find time to play with it all!