Saturday, May 24, 2008

*an elegant thank you*

It's a beautiful, sunny day here... so much nicer than yesterday's rain and 45 degree weather! Today, I thought I'd share with you an elegant little number I created using some of my favorite A Muse clear sets. The swirly photo corners are from the circle frames set. I cut them out of ivory cardstock and put them up on pop dots. The stems are from the nature set, and the flowers are from the sushi set. I added a bit of sparkle to the flower centers with fruit punch stickles. It's my favorite color! Those sweet little butterflies fluttering among the blooms are from the oval frames set. This is one of those cards that just sort of came together as I went, and since I didn't really plan ahead for a place to put the sentiment, I stamped it right on top of the flower garden. I really needed something to make the garden pop, and layering it on a piece of black cardstock seemed to do the trick! I randomly stamped some blooms along the right edge of the notecard and then added some texture with my swiss dots embossing folder. I added a pink bow for the final finishing touch.
------------------------------
A Muse papers, ribbon, images, and sentiment. Perfect plumeria and tea leaves VersaMagic chalk ink. Memento rhubarb stalk dew drop ink. VersaFine onyx black ink. Fruit punch stickles. Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. Stampin' Up black cardstock and sanding block. Heidi Swapp edge distressor. Pop dots.

4 comments:

Tisha said...

So pretty and soft! Love it!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Becky! I love all of your ideas! ~~Pam

Rene Sharp said...

It's really lovely Becky, nice to hear that you are having such nice weather.

Tami said...

Becky
this card is so pretty. You are so amazing with your designs.