Thursday, August 28, 2008

*a whimsical touch*

I'm the only stamper in the family (besides my five year old daughter), so when my sister came over last night and asked me to help her make a card, I jumped at the chance! She has an incredible eye for color, and she picked out these beauties from a random stack of papers I had piled up next to my desk. We thought a whimsical feel would be fun, and this darling stick girl from American Art Stamps paired up with the *love* sentiment by Stampin' Up made for a charmingly quaint design, don't you think?
------------------------------
Stick girl image by American Art Stamps. Sentiment, very vanilla cardstock, chocolate chip cardstock, pumpkin pie marker, and sanding block by Stampin' Up. Patterned papers by October Afternoon, 7Gypsies, and Making Memories. Scalloped scissors. Button by Tres Jolie. Island Blue organdy ribbon by Wrights.

5 comments:

Sarah/WAstamper said...

LOVE this - especially the color combo!

Linda said...

Hey Becky!!! YOur sister is a good candidate to join our ranks!! She does have an eye for color and combine it with your eye for layout and subject -- well, what can I say -- IT'S A WINNING COMBINATION!!!! Congratulations on this fab card.
Linda L Bien (SCS Name)

Anonymous said...

Looks like your not the only stamper anymore!

Shirley said...

No kidding! Becky, she is really cute, too cute!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I love the colors!!