Saturday, January 26, 2008

*how about another snowman?*

It's Open House at The Saltbox Studio, and they've announced another contest! So you'd better head on over there to join in the celebration!

While you're here, I thought I'd share another card idea with you. The "Winter Wonders" set is just amazing, and there are so many fun ways to use it! For this card, I softened the edges of the card base with white craft ink and stamped some random stars in the background... just enough stars to highlight the snowman. Then I left a little extra room on the right edge of the red cardstock layer for a vertical row of stars, which tied things together quite nicely. I sponged the edges of the snowman layer with creamy carmel ink, added a little scalloped edge and some wide red gingham ribbon...the perfect finishing touches.
-------------------------------
Images and sentiment by The Saltbox Studio. Cardstock, white craft ink, and creamy carmel ink by Stampin'Up. Fiskars mini scalloped scissors. Brilliance graphite black pigment ink. Copic markers. Ribbon by Offray.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky:
I LOVE this card! That ribbon is so cute with this image, and all of the details work so well together. I've enjoyed your posts this week!
mary rose

Anonymous said...

too cute!!! I LOVE snowmen anything but these are so adorable and original! I can't wait to place my orders! thanks for sharing your talent with us.
kansmom

Anonymous said...

Becky
You are a winter wonder. Man...you are simply unbelievable.

I can NOT wait to place my order next week. Its all your fault...more rubber!!!

Your work is SO AWESOME.