Tuesday, January 22, 2008

*vintage baby*

Welcome back for another day of The Saltbox Studio sneak peeks! I can't say enough about this new collection and how incredibly versatile it is for any stamping style. Today I'm going a bit "shabby" to show you how perfect the new images are for a more vintage look.

I love baby cards! There is nothing sweeter than a brand new baby...and every new baby needs a homecard card to welcome them to the flock! This card features the new set called "Sheep". To give it a shabby look, I sponged the cardstock and stars with white craft ink, which works wonders in softening the edges. Then I sponged the ivory layers with creamy carmel ink. It's perfect for creating an *aged* antique look. For a little dimension, I filled in the sheep's body with liquid applique, and once it dried, I sponged over it with creamy carmel ink. The stars surrounding the sentiment were traced with a sakura stardust gel pen to give them a little sparkle.

Be sure to visit The Saltbox Sampler for additional *shabby sheep* creations. You will be amazed by how many different looks you can achieve from this one fabulous set!
------------------------------
Images and sentiment by The Saltbox Studio. Cardstock, white craft ink, creamy carmel classic ink, circle punch, and star punch by Stampin' Up. Brilliance graphite black pigment ink. Marvy scalloped circle punch. Ribbon Trends brown gingham ribbon. Sakura stardust gel pen. Copic Markers. Liquid Applique.

6 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a special card this is Becky! I just adore sheep...this set will be on my list! Wonderful layout! Thanks for another peek at these sweet stamps! :D

Pamela Wade said...

Very cute Becky! This looks like a set that would be nice to have! ~~Pam

Elena said...

What a beauty of a card!

jenstamps said...

Your card is so adorable! I just bookmarked their blog. I am going to be in soooooo much trouble between them and Elzybells. Now if A Muse would start selling ALL their stamps online I would be all set. LOL

Anonymous said...

You are amazing my friend. Is creamy carmel by St UP? I love baby stamps too.

all your cards are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card! I looove sheep for baby cards, too. And I AM vintage myself...hehehe.